- 1,371,975 views
- The Insider's TSA Dictionary
- Confession #8: The One Way in Which the TSA Really Takes Care of its Screeners.
- Letter from a Passenger: Brandee Always Gets Picked for Random Screening.
- Passenger Flashback: Airport Security in 1992.
- Letter From a Passenger: "What Really Happens in the TSA Private Room?"
- I've Received a Lot of Email About How Generally Annoying the Official TSA Blog Is, Recently.
- Combo Pack: Letter from a Former Screener, 2 New Entries to The Insider's TSA Dictionary (Wherein We Learn of Passengers Spooging Their Liquids, Gels, Creams and Aerosols).
- For TSA Employees/Passengers
- Confession #7: The Most Awkward Moment for a TSA Screener.
- "If the TSA Can Prove that an Individual is Intentionally Subjugating the Security System, They're Out the Door."
- @itutorandme Hello iTutor! I am a new iTutor employee, and I am planning to begin helping your social media presenc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Jas0nharringt0n 6 months ago
- @BrandonVezmar Wait a minute. I just had a record scratch moment. "Go with the flow" from a dude who filed in small… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Jas0nharringt0n 1 year ago
- @BrandonVezmar Fair enough man. Nearly everything is subjective and all that, so whatever's cleverJas0nharringt0n 1 year ago
- @BrandonVezmar Jesus Christ I hated the rude theater girl at first. Now I sympathize with her.Jas0nharringt0n 1 year ago
- December 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
Monthly Archives: August 2013
We’re going to get this party started again fairly soon.
Recent Speculation About New Risks of Death-by-Terrorist-Attack Prompts Speculation About Death-by-Speculation
The recent, widely publicized U.S. terror intelligence — which, among other things, speculated upon two new methods by which to potentially be killed by Al-Qaeda on an airplane, including a “Clothes Bomber” and “Frankenbomber” — has led to further speculation … Continue reading
[Originally published August 10, 2013] OK, so the original title of the story is “Black Women’s Hair Becomes Target of TSA’s Security Theater,” but I couldn’t find it within myself to reproduce that level of sensationalism. In short, MSNBC host … Continue reading
It’s Kip Hawley week here at Taking Sense Away, apparently. Most of this blog’s readers cross over to the TSA News Blog (the TSA News Blog was the first publication to link to this site, thanks to Lisa Simeone stumbling … Continue reading
In this scene from my proposed film adaptation of former TSA administrator Kip Hawley’s book “Permanent Emergency: Inside the TSA,” we see one of the historic 2002 meetings that put our 200-million-dollar-per-arrest post-9/11 Federal Air Marshals on airplanes. We’re starting off … Continue reading
Hawley shares my opinion on a few points. I’m sure Hawley’s been preparing to make some kind of power play for government office or for a spot as CEO at some security consulting firm, hence the publicity, but hey, whatever. His … Continue reading
ARLINGTON, VA- In light of the vague, unprecedented travel alert issued by U.S. authorities on Friday, an anonymous source at the Transportation Security Administration has indicated that a similarly vague, stupid and unprecedented security measure will soon be rolled out at … Continue reading