- 1,304,805 views
- The Insider's TSA Dictionary
- Confession #8: The One Way in Which the TSA Really Takes Care of its Screeners.
- On The TSA's Annual Recertification System
- Letter from a Passenger: Brandee Always Gets Picked for Random Screening.
- Confession #7: The Most Awkward Moment for a TSA Screener.
- Letter From a Passenger: "What Really Happens in the TSA Private Room?"
- Letter from a Passenger: A Change.org Petition for the TSA to be More Understanding with Cats.
- For TSA Employees/Passengers
- Confession #1: All the Airport's a Security Stage.
- Confession #6: No, You Don't Know What It Is.
- Creative writers are making news. Turns out this sucks.Jas0nharringt0n 2 days ago
- "It was just a phone call. It's not like one of my calls could mean the end of the...oh. Look: flag burning. Big league." @realDonaldTrumpJas0nharringt0n 5 days ago
- @MoengNxustruu @OMG_MATTK You think everyone in Colombia's not winning? Mexico, Colombia: They're laughing at you. Believe me.Jas0nharringt0n 1 week ago
- @OMG_MATTK nah but the stadium is down the block so I heard the Cold November Rain and all. And their tour bus passed my house. Jelly?Jas0nharringt0n 1 week ago
- December 2015
- June 2015
- April 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
Monthly Archives: December 2012
Dear Taking Sense Away, Like many of your correspondents, I too travel this great land of ours by air on a weekly basis, trying to eke out a living in these austere times in the commercial sector. While I have … Continue reading
On Monday, I’m going to start publishing dozens of the letters I’ve received, continuing throughout the month of January. At the end of January, we’re updating the Insider’s TSA Dictionary, so get those entries in. The Insider’s TSA Dictionary was … Continue reading
Confession #5: “I Think We All Know What a Crotch Looks Like. Now Let’s Get Out There, and Perform”: Inside Radiation Scanner Training
“The beauty of an airport is in the splendor of wide open spaces. An airport should be naked.” -The architect Le Corbusier, 1930, on the future of airport design. It’s early 2010 and I’m slumped in a seat in a … Continue reading
Letter From a TSA Officer: “I Came Here to Chew Bubblegum and Kick Terrorism’s Ass, and I’m All Out of Bubblegum, Because My Transportation Security Administration Supervisor Ordered Me to Spit it Out.”
I Came Here to Chew Bubblegum and Kick Terrorism’s Ass, and I’m All Out of Bubblegum, Because I Was Ordered to Spit the Bubblegum Out, Because the Terrorists Are at this Airport Right Now Looking for Signs of Weakness Such … Continue reading
I am trying to respond to all of them as fast as I can. I appreciate all the kind words and interesting stories. But I think the best thing I can do at this point is to try to arrange … Continue reading
This one comes from Rod. “Would you know if the TSA higher-ups acknowledge the outcry against the agency and how they are attempting to handle said outcry? And are the screeners themselves aware, and how are they attempting to handle … Continue reading
GFTB asks: “Tell us, please, what really happens in that private room and why the TSA does not want it seen in public nor recorded.” Dear GFTB, I can only speak from my personal experience on this blog, as well … Continue reading