- 1,141,116 views
- And Now for Something Completely Different
- Confession #3: The Things They Ran Through the X-ray
- The Insider's TSA Dictionary
- Letter from a Passenger: Brandee Always Gets Picked for Random Screening.
- Confession #6: No, You Don't Know What It Is.
- Confession #2: In Defense of the Good TSA Screener, and Some Reasons Why You May See Officers Unfriendly.
- On The TSA's Annual Recertification System
- For TSA Employees/Passengers
- Confession #7: The Most Awkward Moment for a TSA Screener.
- Confession #1: All the Airport's a Security Stage.
- Just got my ass kicked on @mcsweeneys by a 12th grader. W/ever. Shut up guys. No, I’m not crying. Allergies. Fucking pollen. Leave me alone.Jas0nharringt0n 30 minutes ago
- @mcsweeneys Her letter is funnier and better than my piece. OK? I acknowledge that everyone. I’m fine. @leahshrub wins. It’s cool.Jas0nharringt0n 31 minutes ago
- RT @mcsweeneys: Someone wrote a paper proposal for yesterday's post about a love conference: mcsweeneys.net/articles/lette… http://t.co/OvPR2Jd4XzJas0nharringt0n 34 minutes ago
- 11th/12th grader @leahshrub wrote this badass letter: mcsweeneys.net/articles/lette…. Aristophanes indeed. I just got hit by the Awesome Cute Train.Jas0nharringt0n 59 minutes ago
Author Archives: takingsenseaway
I’ve mentioned before that the TSA isn’t the only thing I write and make humor about: I’ve been doing this writing thing for a while. Here’s a piece I have published today: fun with academia, English Department tweediness, and something … Continue reading
It’s for The Guardian, and it’s here.
A couple of my supervisors used to say, “If it’s just a nickel or a dime bag in someone’s luggage, pretend you don’t see it, because we’re not here to get people busted for miniscule amounts of weed.” 81 pounds … Continue reading
(img) Guest blogger Batshua bat Yehonatan —- Over the past few months, I’ve been thinking more about presenting as genderfuck in my non-work time; namely, I’ve been thinking about packing. For anyone who doesn’t know me, let me make … Continue reading
About 3 months after starting this site, I told myself I couldn’t stop blogging until I reached one million views. I figured that would mean I would be at this site for at least 3 years. One million views was to … Continue reading
Over the past year, I have received some interesting email from current and former TSA employees, expressing very real, legitimate, and non-“SSI”-divulging concerns that the public has every right to know about, and which TSA screeners across the nation have … Continue reading
Over at the TSA News Blog, Lisa Simeone has details on the ASS program. It is an April Fool’s piece. I’m admitting that it’s an April Fool’s piece because it is now at least 9 P.M. wherever you are (for … Continue reading
THE SNOW GLOBE PLOT Once again, the evil TSA prevented us from taking down planes filled with infidel stooges, which would have allowed us to overtake the USA and subjugate your morally corrupt population! It took years of planning and … Continue reading
We are, at the very least, on part 3 in terms of hate mail posts. I’ve actually probably received closer to 10 pieces of pure hate mail since starting this site, but the majority of those were short little “Fuck … Continue reading
Recent Speculation About New Risks of Death-by-Terrorist Attack Prompts Speculation About Death-by-Speculation
[Originally published August 12, 2013] The recent, widely publicized U.S. terror intelligence — which, among other things, speculated upon two new methods by which to potentially be killed by Al-Qaeda on an airplane, including a “Clothes Bomber” and “Frankenbomber” — has led to … Continue reading