- 1,182,871 views
- The Insider's TSA Dictionary
- Confession #3: The Things They Ran Through the X-ray
- Confession #7: The Most Awkward Moment for a TSA Screener.
- Confession #6: No, You Don't Know What It Is.
- Confession #4 : In Memory of Snow Globes Lost (and of All the Idiotic TSA Rules I Refused to Follow)
- Letter from a Passenger: Brandee Always Gets Picked for Random Screening.
- For TSA Employees/Passengers
- Letter from a Passenger: I Made a Bagful of Peanut Butter Crackers and Was No Longer Considered a Terrorist Threat
- Confession #8: The One Way in Which the TSA Really Takes Care of its Screeners.
- Confession #5: "I Think We All Know What a Crotch Looks Like. Now Let’s Get Out There, and Perform": Inside Radiation Scanner Training
- RT @jeansvaljeans: .@Jas0nHarringt0n thrilled to be back in the security theater http://t.co/K6DsO6FttLJas0nharringt0n 3 days ago
- @leahshrub Mansplaining is a term I can't explain, Leah. It's something a little lady discovers as she grows older. This isn't mansplaining.Jas0nharringt0n 6 days ago
- RT @biblioracle: You won't read anything better today. "I Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" by @jeansvaljeans mcsweeneys.net/articles/i-fle… #imbiasedbu…Jas0nharringt0n 1 week ago
- @JoaoNYCPR @TravelingAnna AwesomeJas0nharringt0n 1 week ago
Monthly Archives: December 2012
Dear Taking Sense Away, Like many of your correspondents, I too travel this great land of ours by air on a weekly basis, trying to eke out a living in these austere times in the commercial sector. While I have … Continue reading
On Monday, I’m going to start publishing dozens of the letters I’ve received, continuing throughout the month of January. At the end of January, we’re updating the Insider’s TSA Dictionary, so get those entries in. The Insider’s TSA Dictionary was … Continue reading
Confession #5: “I Think We All Know What a Crotch Looks Like. Now Let’s Get Out There, and Perform”: Inside Radiation Scanner Training
“The beauty of an airport is in the splendor of wide open spaces. An airport should be naked.” -The architect Le Corbusier, 1930, on the future of airport design. It’s early 2010 and I’m slumped in a seat in a … Continue reading
Letter From a TSA Officer: “I Came Here to Chew Bubblegum and Kick Terrorism’s Ass, and I’m All Out of Bubblegum, Because My Transportation Security Administration Supervisor Ordered Me to Spit it Out.”
I Came Here to Chew Bubblegum and Kick Terrorism’s Ass, and I’m All Out of Bubblegum, Because I Was Ordered to Spit the Bubblegum Out, Because the Terrorists Are at this Airport Right Now Looking for Signs of Weakness Such … Continue reading
I am trying to respond to all of them as fast as I can. I appreciate all the kind words and interesting stories. But I think the best thing I can do at this point is to try to arrange … Continue reading
This one comes from Rod. “Would you know if the TSA higher-ups acknowledge the outcry against the agency and how they are attempting to handle said outcry? And are the screeners themselves aware, and how are they attempting to handle … Continue reading
GFTB asks: “Tell us, please, what really happens in that private room and why the TSA does not want it seen in public nor recorded.” Dear GFTB, I can only speak from my personal experience on this blog, as well … Continue reading